According to reports, Debra Opri asked the judge after a closed hearing for him to order the longtime companion of Anna to submit to a DNA test since he is listed as the father on the child's birth certificate.
Howard K. Stern was living with Smith and had recently held a commitment ceremony before her tragic death at age 39 on February 8, 2007.
Outside the courtroom, Opri blasted out: "Put up or shut up, that's what we're asking for."
Although the paternity of Dannielynn can only be determined by a Bahama court, Debra Opri said that the reason she is asking for a California court to get involved is so that if a paternity ruling is handed down, it will only strengthen her case in the Bahamas.
According to Debra Opri: "Without it, we have a weak argument."
But don't think that Howard K. Stern is just sitting back and letting this all unfold. His lawyer, Ron Rale, was also present for the closed hearing and defended Howard - especially after Debra Opri asked for the DNA order against him.
Ron Rale explained to the reporters: "Howard K. Stern doesn't have to go to Larry Birkhead for anything."
Also present at the hearing was Larry Birkhead, who is confident that he will be declared the father of the child. He is so confident, he is even getting ready for Dannielynn's arrival.
"I've been putting a nursery together so I'm smiling. I'm in a good mood."
One of the best moments that Larry Birkhead was able to experience was meeting Dannielynn shortly after the death of her mother. According to Larry Birkhead, "That was my delivery room just to get to meet her."
Surprisingly, the meeting was arranged by Howard K. Stern and took place at the former residence of Anna Nicole Smith in the Bahamas.
Even with all of the media attention on this story, there is one thing that people still don't understand - and that is why Debra Opri and Larry Birkhead is going after the DNA of Howard K. Stern when it is the DNA of Dannielynn (Anna Nicole Smith's daughter) that she really needs.
Sources: Yahoo (http://www.yahoo.com)
- Anna NIcole's Ex-Lover, Larry Birkhead, Sues Former AttorneyLarry Birkhead countersued his former attorney for malpractice and fraud. The attorney had recently sued Birkhead for failure to pay legal fees.
- Custody of Dannielynn: Anna Nicole Smith's Mother and Larry Birkhead to...Just like clockwork, Virgie Arthur put a sudden halt to the courtroom battle for custody over Anna Nicole Smith's daughter, Dannielynn, on Friday April 13, 2007.
- Virgie Arthur Files Appeal to Restrict Dannielynn and Larry Birkhead from Leaving...Just like everything else that Virgie Arthur has done since the death of her daughter, Anna Nicole Smith - this one should come as no surprise.
- Legal Fees: Opri Vs. BirkheadBeing an attorney is the same as running a business; you should get paid for services rendered, but you should not overcharge your clients with such expenses as a $2,400 dinner!
- Dannielynn is Now a Birkhead; Birth Certificate Issued Giving Child a New Last NameDannielynn is on the right track to bonding with her father, Larry Birkhead. She now shares the same last name with him.
- Larry Birkhead Drops Attorney: Anna Nicole's Baby Turns 6 Months and Paternity is...
- Larry Birkhead to Start Making Transition with Daughter Dannielynn Tonight
- Larry Birkhead - Anna Nicole Smith's Ex-Boyfriend - Fires Lawyer
- Anna Nicole Smith: A Media Circus Inside the Celebrity Zoo
- Dannielynn with Daddy Larry Birkhead
- Virgie Arthur's Appeal Denied; Larry Birkhead and Dannielynn Can Leave Bahamas
- Tips for Larry Birkhead on How to Raise Dannielynn