Best Free Wi-Fi Hot Spots in Bangkok, Thailand: Fast Internet is Available All Over Bangkok
These Places in Bangkok Are Great Spots to Get Free Wi-Fi Internet at Any Time of the Day
Coffee World - A chain of coffee shops like Starbucks, unlike Starbucks which charges an astronomical fee for Wi-Fi internet, Coffee World's Wi-Fi is free. This internet hot spot is a great place to hang out too, as their coffee and tea drinks are good, they also serve waffles, pastries and ice cream, their staff is friendly and you can stay here as long as you want as nobody will bother you. Coffee World is in most malls in Bangkok as well as in many stand-alone locations.
The Londoner - One of the best British pubs in Bangkok, The Londoner has free Wi-Fi internet for any customer. All you have to do is ask one of the staff for the password. The pub also has an enormous menu of excellent food and their prices (particularly for the huge portions) are great. The Londoner is on Sukhumvit, at the corner of Soi 33.
S&P at Shinawatra Tower - Close to my apartment building, the S&P restaurant at Shinawatra Tower offers free Wi-Fi internet to any customer. Relatively fast, it's also a good location for those of us in northern Bangkok who don't always want to go downtown for more free Wi-Fi hot spots. Shinawatra Tower is located on Viphavadee Road.
Cafe Au Lac - An extremely cute cafe at Bon Marche market in northern Bangkok, Cafe Au Lac has delicious sandwiches, salads, tea, coffee and fruit shakes, awesome cakes and desserts and free Wi-Fi internet. Just ask one of the exceptionally lovely staff for the password.
Coffee Alley - One of my all-time favorite independent coffee shops, Coffee Alley has awesome food, great coffee drinks, an air-conditioned indoor cafe and a lovely outdoor patio and garden, plus it's only a couple of minutes walk from Asok sky train station. Coffee Alley's free Wi-Fi internet is fast and reliable. All you need to do is turn on your laptop and you're ready to go - no need to ask for a password as its open access for all customers. Located on Sukhumvit Soi
Oh My Cod! - My favorite British restaurant in Bangkok also has an excellent free Wi-Fi hot spot. The food here is wonderful too with tons of British favorites (bangers and mash, pies and chips, fish and chips etc), the staff is friendly and the location is good as it's close to the ever popular Khao San Road. If you want to use the internet, just ask one of the staff members for the password.
Coffee Society - Coffee Society not only has good western food and is in a great location (near Sala Daeng sky train station and Silom underground station), it's also open 24 hours a day. One of the most interesting cafes in Bangkok just because of the characters that hang out there (lots of expats and artists, as well as a big gay clientele) it also has three floors so there's plenty of room. Wi-Fi internet is free or, if you don't have your laptop with you, you can use one of the cafe's computers for only 10 baht.
Landmark Hotel - Landmark Hotel's free Wi-Fi internet is great because it's accessible outside on the patio, so you can sit and watch the world go by while you surf. Close to Nana sky train station, it's in the sexpat area of Bangkok, so don't go here if seeing the 60 year old westerners with 18 year old Thai girlfriends bothers you.
True Cafe at True Fitness - This 'truly' wonderful cafe serves healthy food, great fruit shakes, sports drinks etc., It also has huge windows (great for watching people walk by), comfy seating and extremely upbeat staff (guess it's all that exercise!) The Wi-Fi is free to any customer for as long as you want to use it. True Cafe is located in Exchange Tower, connected to the sky bridge from Asoke sky train station.
Central World Plaza - The largest shopping mall in south east Asia is also one of Bangkok's best free Wi-Fi hot spot.. Available all over the mall, this is truly one of the best places for free Wi-Fi in Bangkok simply because there are more than 100 restaurants and cafes to sit in while you're online, or you can sit at one of the many benches and seats scattered throughout the mall.
Suvarnabhumi Airport - If you're leaving Bangkok, Suvarnabhumi Airport now has awesome free Wi-Fi internet. Not only is it available on your laptop from any area in the departure lounge, the airport also set up 125 computer kiosks where you can use a computer and get free internet. If you have a laptop and want to get online, all you need to do is show your boarding pass at any of the airport's information desks and they'll give you a password.
These are just some of the free Wi-Fi internet hot spots in Bangkok. Last time a friend and I checked, there were well over 1,000, with more being added every day. In fact, in most areas of Bangkok now, there's no point paying for internet, not if you can access it for free.
Published by Cassandra James
I m a British-American writer currently living in Bangkok, Thailand. I ve been writing for Associated Content since 2007 and was named one of AC s Top 100 Writers for 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011. I primarily w... View profile
- Coffee Shops Off the Beaten Path in New York CityCoffee shops are a great way to take in the true feel of New York City. Coffee shops allow you a chance to sit down, rejuvenate, and people watch all at the same time.
- Java Justice: Fair Trade Coffee and Cutting Out the CoyotesAn article of mine on AC about Coffee generated the same curiosity I see in coffeeshops when someone says "Fair Trade." One reader asked how exactly does cutting middleman out o...
- Awesome Things to Do with Kids in Bangkok, ThailandThere are some fabulous places to take kids in Bangkok, amusement parks, safari parks, boat rides and more. Read on for some great suggestions where you can take your kids on h...
- A Descriptive Guide to Coffee Shops, Houses & Cafes in St. Paul, MinnesotaIn-depth info. on St. Paul coffee shops, grouped by location in alphabetical order. Descriptions of their ambience, if they have Wi-Fi, live music, fair-trade coffee, and outdoo...
- Bangkok - a Book Reader's ParadiseOnly a few years ago, buying English books in Bangkok was frustrating. Today, we're so spoiled for choice it's sometimes hard to make a decision as to where to visit today. Here are my top 5 bookshops in Bangkok.
- The Best Internet Cafes in Bangkok, Thailand
- Starbucks in Bangkok, Thailand Vs Thai Coffee Shops - Which is the Best Choice?
- Review: Lub D Hostel in Bangkok, Thailand
- Top Wi-Fi Locations in Raleigh, NC
- Review: True Internet, Thailand: Fast, Constant Connection and Inexpensive
- Review: Coffee Alley, Bangkok, Thailand
- Coffee Houses in Bangkok: Don't Worry If You're a Coffee Addict, They're Everywhere
- There are many free Wi-Fi internet hot spots all over Bangkok, Thailand.