CP3, also known in some circles as Chris Paul, is the best point guard in the NBA. With the New Orleans Hornets, CP3 is a perennial NBA All-Star and is the active leader in assists. C-3PO, also known in some circles as Golden Rod, is a protocol droid in the "Star Wars" movie series. He serves a key role as a translator in many critical "Star Wars" scenes. Although they have similar names, who is better? CP3 or C-3PO?
Tale of the tape
Size may not be everything. But it is something. Most people think that NBA basketball players are walking trees. However, CP3 is short for an NBA player. At exactly 6' tall, CP3 is not even as tall as me. C-3PO stands at 5' 9". However, he cleverly befriended a vertically challenged droid named R2-D2. Their height difference makes C-3PO looks like a beanpole. In this case, size is relative.
The Gift of Tongues
CP3 is an intelligent young man who attended Wake Forest University. As such, he probably had to take a foreign language or two in high school and maybe in college. C-3PO, on the other hand, is fluent in over six million forms of communication. He could talk Yoda's ears off and even the force couldn't stop him. He puts CP3 to shame in this contest.
CP3 is the best point guard in the best basketball league in the world. CP3 could go anywhere on this planet and people would know who he is. But do you think anyone knows who CP3 is who doesn't live on Earth? C-3PO served Jedis and was well known throughout an entire galaxy. And even though that galaxy is far, far away, we know about C-3PO in the Milky Way as well.
And the winner is…
Matching up CP3 against C-3PO is like pitting a sailboat against a battleship. CP3 may the best at what he does, but can you really compare the game of basketball with "Star Wars?" If they ever played H-O-R-S-E, C-3PO would have translated that word into millions of languages before CP3 hit his first shot.
"Chris Paul," basketball-reference.com
"Star Wars," yahoo.com
More from this contributor
Published by Patrick Michael - A prolific sports contributor with a master s degree in education.
Patrick Michael has been a writer for the Yahoo! Contributor Network since 2009. Patrick also had the first sports article from Y!CN to be featured on the front page of Yahoo! Sports. He has also ranked amon... View profile
- New Orleans Hornets Lower Seats at the New Orleans ArenaNew Orleans Hornets lower seats at the New Orleans Arena are great seats to view a NBA basketball game. The New Orleans Arena seating chart shows that Hornets lower seats are just behind the Hornets courtside seats
- New Orleans Hornets Club Seats at the New Orleans ArenaNew Orleans Hornets club seats at New Orleans Arena in New Orleans, Louisiana to view a NBA basketball game. The New Orleans Arena seating chart shows that Hornets club seats are between Hornets lower seats and Hornet...
- Chris Paul Injury Will Lead to Knee Surgery and Missed Time for Point GuardIt's bad news for Chris Paul and the New Orleans Hornets as it was revealed that the all-star point guard has a meniscus tear in his left knee that is going to require surgery.
- New Orleans Hornets Balcony Seats at the New Orleans ArenaNew Orleans Hornets balcony seats at the New Orleans Arena in New Orleans, Louisiana are great seats to view a NBA basketball game. The New Orleans Arena seating chart shows that Hornets balcony seats surround the arena.
- A Look at Star Wars Episode IV - a New Hope: The Illustrated ScreenplayFor fans of Star Wars and movie buffs alike, this book is a fascinating blueprint for A New Hope
- Star Wars Plot Summaries - Episodes I-VI
- Jedi Adaptation is a Fitting Conclusion to Star Wars Radio Drama Trilogy
- Chris Paul Wants a Trade?
- A Review of the Star Wars Exhibit at the Fort Worth Museum of Science and History
- Lego Star Wars the Video Game
- A Quick and Easy Guide to the Chronology of George Lucas' Star Wars Saga
- A Look at MECO's Star Wars & Other Galactic Funk