Deforestation in India has caused a lot of environmental disturbances and the current trend is continuing downhill. The burgeoning fields of trade and industry and the booming metropolis are causing a detrimental effect on the whole of India. What is soothing to know is that, India has been able to stop deforestation though only as a gradual process. But the other troubles that are affecting India should also be treated in the same manner. Deforestation problems may have been solved per se, but other serious environmental issues have replaced it. The rest of the world is watching over India and is gauging its ability to solve the problem caused by imbalance in nature.
History of deforestation in India
19th century saw the beginning of Indian deforestation trend. In 1823, Thomas Munro, the then elect governor of India assumed that industrialization process would help them reach new heights in world economy. He introduced forestry programs which at that time did seem like a promising economy build up. This also meant fall of Mother Nature. Four years of continuous felling of trees rocked the Indian forests with a sudden impact of strain, an effect that jungles in other countries faced due to deforestation. It was only in 1878 that the Act of protecting the Indian forests was introduced and the government took steps to curb deforestation. Indian forests were battered for 50 long years.
Currently huge environmental projects are being taken up in India including planting tree saplings, preservation of what is remaining of the forests, penalizing those who break the rules of prohibition. People who adhered to the government's forestation policies were encouraged with incentives and helped to safeguard nature further. India truly has most remarkable methods of saving the world from butchery.
Not many people are aware that India accounts for the highest underprivileged populace in the entire world. Most of them rely on the green areas for their livelihood. Poverty combined with escalating population has placed undue pressure on the forests as they are being cut down without any remorse. This results in serious problems for the country's woodland resources.
Government has made special efforts to slow down the losses of the jungles and encouraged tree shelter by a sequence of plans with support from the World Bank. They have the largest participating fund directed to solve their deforestation problems. Effective implementation of rules and regulations concerning the forests has helped bring a welcome change in the otherwise dilapidated jungles. With help from World Bank and environmentalists concerned about protection of Earth, India has shown way to the possibilities of deforestation problem being fixed.
Rest of the world needs to take a cue from India that a change to Eco-friendly substitutions can help ease the present condition of environmental mess. If only other countries would allow experts help them with deforestation problems, the effects of global warming could be offset in no time. Eagerness to participate and determination to continue the positive trend are the two most crucial ethics other countries would need to adopt if we are to preserve the remaining potential of Mother Nature.
- Guide to India Pale AleBeer does not tend to be as "fashionable" with trends as wine is. Even with that said, it is undeniable that there is usually a beer that is more popular than others at any given time. Recent trends have seen the pop...
- South India: Suicide Capitol of the WorldThis article will cover what I learned about suicide in India; a separate article will cover what I learned about suicide in China.
- Stephen King Takes a Trip to "Duma Key:" A Review of His Latest NovelKing's latest book is just a little bit different from much of his other books. The scares are there, but they are almost secondary.
- Real Estate Trends in Today's MarketReal estate trends are defined as what features are hot commodities in homes today. What features are buyers looking for. More importantly, real estate trends are what features...
- McDonalds in India: Where's the Beef?
- American Tourist: How to Cross the Street in India and Live to Tell About It
- A Day at the Holy City Puri, Orissa State in India
- An Amazing and Wonderful Hill Station Pachmarhi in Madhya Pradesh State of India
- The Coral Reef Ecosystem and Biodiversity in India
- India is Like a Melody
- A Lego Fanatics Guide to the Lego "Orient Expedition: India" Series