You will need the following items:
Denatured alcohol (also known as methylated spirit, available from hardware stores)
First of all, if the fabric has any rayon in it, test putting the denatured alcohol on it in an inconspicuous spot. If things are fine, then continue. However, if anything looks wrong, do not continue. If it is a fresh grass stain, sponge the stain with the denatured alcohol. You can either put the denatured alcohol on the sponge and then sponge the stain or cover the entire stain by pouring denatured alcohol on it and then press the sponge over and over on top of the stain.
After this is done, rinse the item with cold water and launder as usual.
If the grass stain is a heavy duty grass stain, soak the item in eucalyptus oil for an hour and then launder as usual.
If the stain has set in for a day or two, saturate the item with the denatured alcohol. Remember that you need to test an inconspicuous spot if the item has any rayon and do not continue if anything goes wrong.
Then rinse the item out well immediately. Make sure that you wring out the fabric when rinsing. Afterwards, launder as usual.
If the grass stain is gone, you can put it into the dryer. However, if the grass stain is not gone, do not put it into the dryer. You can try repeating any of these processes to get rid of the grass stain.
Now people everywhere do not have to be so concerned about those pesky grass stains when a team wants clean uniforms or whenever children want to play in the grass. Instead, they just need to be concerned with having the needed items available wherever they may need to launder the clothing items.
Of course, if these people are professional baseball players, it may be a bad idea to launder the items as suits are often auctioned off with grass and dirt stains. This makes them "authentic" and not just any copy of a suit.
Howcast, How to Get Out Grass Stains, YouTube
Published by Bridget Ilene Delaney
Bridget Ilene Delaney is a professional writer with over five years of experience writing for Internet and print publications. She has self published a children s book called This Is My Bucket and a logistic... View profile
- How to Remove Grass Stains from Blue JeansSeveral tips for removing grass stains from jeans.
- How to Get Stains Out on the Cheap Side Stains are a nuissance, get stains out
- How to Remove Blood Stains from ClothingIf you have children, have in your laundry arsenal hydrogen peroxide, a bottle of cheap shampoo and salt.
- How to Remove a Mustard StainAdvice from a former dry cleaner on how to remove a mustard or other tannin stain.
- Alternative Methods of Removing Clothing Stains
- Exceptional Cleaning Tips for Hard-to-Clean Spots, Spills and Stains
- How to Remove Grass Stains from Clothing, Shoes and More
- How to Remove Common Stains from Clothes
- Home Remedies for Removing Stains Related to Child and Pet Care
- How to Remove Blood Stains from Carpet and Fabrics
- How to Remove Grass Stains from White Shoes