The only reasonable answer I can come up with is that people use LOL in this way in order to let other people know that they are mentally deficient.
LOL stands for Laugh Out Loud and yet rarely do I see it used following anything that's even remotely funny. More and more I see it used in place of a where a period would go. This doesn't make any sense. Not even the slightest bit of sense.
The following is true of most LOL typers :
1. They are not bright.
2. They like really bad music. (example: Hollywood Undead)
3. They have an awful sense of humor. (example: Dane Cook)
4. They are bored and thus boring.
5. They are young. And thus have some excuse. Although if you are over 18 and still using LOL please desist immediately.
6. They use text messages on their cell phones a lot.
7. They take a lot of pictures using their cellphones.
8. They spend at least one hour a day on MySpace
9. They haven't jammed out to John Cage in at least a week.
and most importantly...
10. They are almost never actually laughing while they type LOL.
Published by Johnny Moon
Full time online marketer working from home since spring 2005. Writer? Novel. View profile