At $3.99 per 12-ounce bottle, Method hand soap is pricier than the soap I usually buy at the grocery store, but it has some unique features. The bulbous teardrop-shaped bottle, designed by Joshua Handy, has artistic flair and the vibrant soap colors add a cheerful touch to the bathroom vanity. Most important to me, the brand carries over a dozen fun fragrances--including seasonal scents--and does not contain triclosan, an antibacterial agent often found in hand soap.
Green Tea and Aloe Hand Soap Ingredients
Aqua (Water), Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Cocamide DEA, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycerin, Aloe Barbadensis Gel, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Citric Acid, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Citrate, Benzophenone-4, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Parfum (Fragrance), Yellow 10 (CI 47005), Green 5 (CI 61570)
Method's informative website describes the role, attributes and health effects of each non-toxic ingredient in its products.
Method Hand Soap Pump
It is easy to start a new dispenser without waste or dripping because the pump unlocks with a slight turn. The typical disposable/refillable hand soap dispenser has a long pump on top of the bottle and large opening that delivers a big glob of soap. Method's bottle has a shorter pump on top and narrow opening, but dispenses an adequate amount of soap, approximately a nickel-sized dollop. As a result, I do not have to refill the bottle as often.
Scent and Sudsability
The green tea and aloe soap has a fresh, clean smell that is prominent when washing hands, but leaves only a faint, gender-neutral fragrance after rinsing. The consistency is not too thick or watery and easily lathers. Oily or heavily soiled hands require extra soap.
The aloe vera gel and Vitamin E seem to have a subtle effect; my hands did not feel moisturized, but they did not dry out after repeated washings.
Room for Improvement
With regular use, the nozzle periodically turns to the locked position.
Although a variety of stores stock Method products, the hand wash refills are less common and it is sometimes difficult to find a particular scent.
Where to Buy Method Hand Wash and Refills
Target, Sprouts and Walgreens are only a few of the many stores that stock Method soap. The greatest selection of Method hand wash refills is available online at retailers such as Amazon.com and Soap.com. Visit MethodHome.com for additional shopping sources.
The Final Rinse
Method green tea and aloe hand wash smells great, rinses clean, does not dry my skin and is free of triclosan. It is worth the price, but budget constraints mean inexpensive non-antibacterial hand soaps will comprise the bulk of my future purchases.
"We are...", MethodHome.com
The Contributor has no connection to nor was paid by the brand or product described in this content.
Published by Drew Taylor
Drew Taylor writes about a variety of practical topics including TV, shopping, product reviews, cooking, holidays, crafts, pets and gardening. As a creative cook, her food coverage includes product revie... View profile
- Bath & Body Works Sun Ripened Raspberry Anti-Bacterial Moisturizing Hand SoapSpoil your hands with Bath & Body Works Sun ripened Raspberry Anti-Bacterial Moisturizing Hand Soap
- Dial White Tea and Vitamin E Pearls Hand Soap - Beauty ReviewDial has been producing quality products for it's consumers for years and this product does not disappoint.
- Burt's Bees Naturally Nourishing Milk & Shea Butter Hand SoapBurt's Bees hand soap is a wonderful, natural hand soap that is strong enough to cut through grease and dirt, yet leaves the hands feeling soft and moisturized.
- Bath & Body Works Anti-Bacterial Hand Soap is WonderfulBath & Body Works Anti-Bac Hand Soap is an excellent product for everyone and anyone to have. GO get it! NO excuses!!!
- CleanWell's All Natural Antibacterial Foaming Hand SoapsLooking for some awesome Antibacterial Hand Soaps to use this winter to help wash those grubby hands and keep germs away that make you sick! Then you should check out CleanWells All Natural Antibacterial Foaming Hand...
- Young Living Lavender Foaming Hand Soap Review
- Make Your Own All-natural Hand Soap with Olive Oil
- Lysol Healthy Touch No-Touch Hand Soap System a Passing Fad
- Save Money by Making Your Own Foaming Hand Soap!
- Clean Up Your Act with Bath and Body Works Antibacterial Hand Soap
- How to Make Liquid Hand Soap with Bar Soap
- Make Your Own Foaming Hand Soap
Memorial Day Voices
Which Memorial Day family activity is your favorite?
- The Method hand soap pump dispenses a nickel-sized dollop of soap.
- $3.99 per 12-ounce dispenser
- Method hand soap refills are not as widely available in stores, but many online retailers carry them