A Georgia fishing license is required for fishing freshwater and saltwater locations in Georgia. They are not require to fish in private ponds. Any legitimate fishing tour operator will help you obtain your Georgia fishing license and inform you on any other regulations that are specific to your fishing area.
Here are some local fishing tour operators in and around Atlanta that will help you get the most out of your fishing trip.
Lake Lanier Striper & Bass Fishing-This outfit specializes in fishing for Lake Lanier Striper and Lake Lanier Bass. Harold Nash has operated this service for 28 years, Whether you are looking to plan a corporate outing, a family day on the water, or maybe you are looking to escape for a day to try and catch a trophy-sizes bass or striper. Once you have fished with Harold, you will know the value of what an experienced guide can do for you. Book Harold early as his charters fill up fast. He caters to beginners and advanced anglers.
River Through Atlanta - River Through Atlanta is a fishing and river tour service located on Riverside Drive in Roswell, GA. A great place to start for beginners. Easy to get to, and a fun trip. Goto http://www.go-georgia.com/River-Through-Atlanta/ for more info.
Lake Lanier Fishing Charters - Lake Lanier outside of Atlanta is home to great bass fishing. These trips are le by guide John Mark Thorne. Captain Thorne is as much an entertainer as he is a fishing guide. He will take you out on his 25 foot Carolina Skiff. 4 and 8 hour trips are available with a $100 deposit. Captain Thorne will make sure your trip on Lake Lanier is enjoyable. His site is http://www.lakelanierfishguide.com/.
Lake Lanier - Shane Watson Guide Service - Since 1979, Shane Watson has been guiding fishing tours on Lake Lanier. He's a third generation Lake Lanier guide an he specializes in having you land the best striper. He rns half, full-day, and night trips out on the lake. His tours run seven days a week, and everything is inclued. Gift certificates are available, check him out on the web at: http://lanierguidefishing.com/.
Fishing Lanier with Bill Vanderford - Bill leads trips on both Lake Lanier and the Chattahoochee River. Bill is listed as a "registere guide" with the National Freshwater Fishing Hall of Fame. Bill's trips are educational and he is also a noted author and speaker. The rates here are reasonable. Guided tours start at $250.00 for a half day outing. Bill it truly an expert on Atlanta's largest lake, Lake Lanier. Bill specialized in trips where nass, striper, and walleye are caught. Bill Vanderford's site is http://www.fishinglanier.com/.
Published by Rick Limpert
Rick C. Limpert is a freelance writer and columnist. He is based in Metro Atlanta and as a writer and photographer he has covered sports and events all over the world. His works have been featured in numero... View profile
- Romantic Valentine's Day Getaway Near Atlanta, Georgia: Lake Lanier Isla...45 minutes from downtown Atlanta, Lake Lanier Islands Resort® is an island paradise nestled amongst the foothills of Georgia's Blue Ridge Mountains.
- Oklahoma Fishing License RequirementsAnglers who enjoy fishing the waters of Oklahoma or enjoy taking or attempting to take any aquatic dwelling organism must possess a valid, current Oklahoma Fishing License.
- North Carolina Fishing License RegulationsThe State of North Carolina requires that any angler, 16 or older, who recreationally fish the waters of North Carolina that are designated as coastal or joint waters must have a valid, current North Carolina Recreati...
- How Georgia's Drought Effects Lake LanierAs a Forsyth County resident I would like to give my opinion of the drought in Georgia and the effects its having on Lake Lanier.
- Visit Lake Lanier Islands in GeorgiaLake Lanier, a massive (over 35,000 acres) man made lake situated in the northern portion of Georgia was originally built to provide hydroelectricity to metro Atlanta and flood control for the Chattahoochee River.
- Get Away Close to Home: Sweetwater Creek State Park, Atlanta Georgia
- Georgia Lands Forrest Wood Cup Fishing Tournament 2010 on Lake Lanier
- Roaring River State Park: The Perfect Trout Fishing Vacation Destination
- Plan a Fishing Trip to Table Rock Lake in Missouri
- Rocky McElveen Isn't Your Typical Alaskan Fishing or Hunting Guide
- Fishing Trips in and Around Eugene, Oregon
- Georgia Fishing Licenses: Requirements & Purchasing