The Top 10 Actresses Who Have Won a Razzie for Worst Actress
Famous Hollywood Actresses Who Have Won a Golden Raspberry Award
Madonna is the Sylvester Stallone of the Worst Actress Award winning the award an unprecedented 5 times over the last three decades. In fact Madonna has posted wins in the 80's (1986 Shanghai Surprise, 1987 Who's That Girl), 90's (1993 Body of Evidence), and 00's (2000 The Next Best Thing, 2002 Swept Away). It is safe to say that few actresses in Hollywood have the Material Girl's kind of staying power, or lack of acting talent.
Sharon Stone went 14 years between winning her two Razzies, with the actress best remembered for role in Basic Instinct, winning in 1994 (Intersection/The Specialist) and then again in 2006. Proving once again that few sequels are ever as good as the original, Stone's win in 2006 came courtesy of Basic Instincts 2, a movie that the actresses fading good looks could not begin to save.
Moore is also a Hollywood powerhouse who has won the Award multiple times, winning Razzies back to back in 1996 and 1997. Moore's wins can be attributed to her roles in The Juror/Striptease (1996) and G.I. Jane (1997). For her role in the latter, Moore shaved head completely which may or may not have had an affect of the voter's decision.
Perhaps the most gracious Razzie winner of all-time, Halle Berry collected her award in person in 2004 for her effort in Catwoman. Berry went up to accept her Razzie while famously holding onto the Academy Award she won for Monsterball.
Proving that love off screen doesn't necessary translate well to on screen success, Jennifer Lopez won in 2003 for her role in Gigli, the same film which helped then boyfriend Ben Affleck take home a Worst Actor Razzie of his own.
Faye Dunaway never professionally recovered from her role as Joan Crawford in the 1981 film Mommie Dearest. The movie which was strongly disliked by critics helped Dunaway co-win the Worst Actress Award that year.
Physically a perfect 10 she may have once been, but Bo Derek's acting ability fell well short of perfect, which explains her multiple wins in the Razzie's Worst Actress category. Derek took home the less than coveted award in 1981 (Tarzan, the Ape Man), 1984 (Bolero) and 1990 (Ghost Can't Do It).
After receiving a Golden Globe nomination for her role in Arthur, Minnelli would win a Razzie for its 1988 sequel, Arthur 2: On the Rocks, though it must be noted that the Award also came courtesy of her forgettable performance in Rent-A-Cop that year.
Carey had produced a string of hit records before her acting (or lack thereof) landed her a Razzie in 2001. Honored for her role as Billie Frank in Glitter, Carey's acting produced more than a few disparaging remarks from movie critics that year.
When it came Lohan's Worst Actress Award in 2007, Razzie voters did not discriminate, giving the formal Disney actress the award for both her role as Aubrey as well as Dakota in the movie I Know Who Killed Me.
Published by Rolando Cruz
The writer is a degreed engineer with a background in project management and purchasing. View profile
- Razzies Announce Worst Movies, Actors and Actresses of the DecadeThe annual Razzies recognize the worst of film releases. The Golden Raspberry Awards are awarded annually, but the 2010 event will include decade awards too. Here are the Razzie...
- 29th Annual Golden Raspberry Awards Handed Out; Mike Myers and Paris Hil...The 2009 Razzies were Handed out with 'The Love Guru' Selected as Worst Film of the Year.
- My Top Ten of the Worst Non-American ActressesMy own opinion of 10 of the worst actresses outside of the U.S.
- 2009 Razzie Awards Includes Special Worst Movie of the Decade CategoryThe nominations for the 2009 Razzie Awards are in, and this year we all get a special sour treat in the form of three special new categories: 2009 Razzie Awards for the worst actor and actress of the decade and the wo...
- Forget the Oscars: 2008 Razzie Nominations Announced!Disaster Movie, Meet the Spartans, The Love Guru and The Hottie and the Nottie highlight the films nominated as the worst in Hollywood in 2008.
- Sandra Bullock Wins Worst Actress Prize; Full 2010 Razzie Award Winners List
- Let's Hear it for the Razzie (Sound Effects Please) Award Nominees
- Top 10 Actors Who Have Won a Worst Actor Razzie Award
- The "Razzie" Awards: Eddie Murphy & Lindsay Lohan Cited by Golden Rasberry Awards...
- Sandra Bullock Wins (?) 2010 Razzie Awards Worst Actress, Passes Out "All About St...
- Sandra Bullock Wins 2010 Oscar for Best Actress
- 3 Golden Raspberry Award Winners for Worst Supporting Actress in Movie History Who...