Grapefruit seed extract is exactly what it says it is - a solution that comes from the seeds of grapefruits. However, the extract also contains the white membranes and pulp of the fruit. This extract comes in both liquid and powder form, and can be used internally or externally. A Yugoslavian physicist named Dr. Jacob Harich first discovered the benefits of grapefruit seed extract almost twenty years ago after moving to Florida and researching the properties of the grapefruit.
Grapefruit seed extract is a major germ fighter, killing a broad spectrum of bacteria and viral illnesses. It is used to treat a myriad of ailments including bad breath, plaque, sore throat, athlete's foot, insect bites/stings, colds and flu, even gastric ulcers. It has been used as an antibiotic, and the body does not build up a resistance to it over time. It contains several antioxidants, which help protect the body against free radicals. It also assists with the body's cholesterol levels - increasing the healthy type of cholesterol (HDL) and reducing the bad LDL cholesterol. Grapefruit seed extract can also be used to strengthen hair and can be found as an ingredient in certain hair products. Surprisingly, pets can benefit from grapefruit seed extract also. It can help pets with healing of any external injuries and internal bacterial infections. The extract can be added to a pet's food or water, or it can be applied topically.
To use grapefruit seed extract, dilute it in water. Because of its high potency and ability to irritate sensitive tissues, it is not recommended to use directly out of the bottle.
Those who take certain prescription medications should be careful when using grapefruit seed extract. The compounds in grapefruit seed extract may make the prescription medication more potent and dangerous. Those who are allergic to citrus fruits should also avoid using grapefruit seed extract. If unsure, speak with the doctor or pharmacist.
Take a look at grapefruit seed extract soon - it may benefit what distresses the body.
Published by Clarissa Winchester
My primary passion is to help people achieve their overall health, fitness, and nutrition goals! Because Beachbody has blessed me with improved health, I am now an Independent Team Beachbody online fitness c... View profile
- The Secret of Vibrant Health: AlkalizingOverweight, tired, or sluggish? This article explains what alkalizing the body is, why you should do it and ways to achieve success. Alkalizing is the key to vibrant health, sta...
- Jillian Michaels Maximum Strength Fat Burner - You'll Still Need to ExerciseThe supplement pills claim to help reduce fat in your body and increase muscle. Based on the ingredients, they may indeed help.
- D.I.Y. Exfoliating Grapefruit Face WashGrapefruits have lots of vitamin C, and also have a good amount of calcium. They're a great natural cleanser, and they're a natural antioxidant.
- Grapefruit Beauty Treatments: DIY Grapefruit Beauty Treatment Recipes fo...Make a date once a week to pamper yourself and indulge in life's luxuries with these glorious grapefruit beauty treatments.
- Why I'm Glad I Decided to Try the Neti Pot: Ancient Secrets Nasal Cleansing Pot The Ancient Secrets Nasal Cleansing pot helps clear your sinuses, clearing allergens and pollutants to help you breathe freely.